Five Things You Must Do When Traveling To Cleveland, Ohio
The city of Cleveland, Ohio is one of the more popular cities to visit in the midwestern region of the United States. The city truly offers something for everyone and has proven itself over and over again as a worthwhile destination. The city has a rich history and offers a variety of attractions to entertain almost anyone. Few people are left wanting something else to do after a trip to Cleveland, Ohio.
Five things you must do when traveling to Cleveland, Ohio.
1. USS Cod Submarine Memorial - Taking the self guided tour of the USS Cod gives you a true ideal of what it must've been like to live on a World War II submarine. The USS Cod was responsible for sinking a great many Japanese naval ships during the war in the Pacific Ocean. Walk where the sailors walked and see what they saw, there are great photographs from back in the submarine's operational days as well. Truly a once in a lifetime chance to see first hand what it was like on a submarine from that era.
2. Great Lakes Science Center - Although this is one of the more recommended sites to visit if you have children, it is also great for adults as well. There are literally hundreds of experiments and exhibits that offer hands-on experiences, this is the best way for kids to learn about science... and the best part is they don't even know they are learning.
3. West Side Market - The West Side Market is a public market where you can buy a wide variety of fresh foods like dairy products, meat, seafood, and fresh produce. The market was built in 1912 and has been one of the more interesting local attractions since its inception.
4. Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame And Museum - From the incredibly thorough display of historical artifacts to the design of the Museum itself (by renowned architect I.M. Pei), the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame And Museum is an awesome experience for fans of rock music and also those just interested in the constantly changing atmosphere of pop culture.
5. Steamship William G. Mather Museum - For those interested in history, maritime history, boating, or steamships, a trip to the Steamship William G. Mather Museum is a must. This is especially true for anyone with those interest that also learns that the Mather Museum is a floating restored 1925 Great Lakes freighter. This museum offers many things that cannot be experienced any where else.
With its wealth of things to do, Cleveland often surprise visitors to the city but seldom disappoints them. From its historical sites to its opportunities for outdoor recreation, Cleveland offers something for almost every type of traveler there is. The city even offers a number of options for the visitor that is interested in the more museum and cultural type of attractions. Cleveland, Ohio has more than enough attractions to entertain the visitors that go there and a good time is almost a guarantee.